Top Medicaid Planning Lawyers of Northern Kentucky
Medicaid planning is a complex and often confusing process. If you're looking for a way to protect your assets and qualify for Medicaid benefits, enlist the help of a professional Medicaid planning lawyer.
At Elder Law Lawyers, we offer a wide range of legal services that can help you plan for your future. Medicaid planning is a vital part of this goal. They can help you with:
- Understanding eligibility rules and requirements for Medicaid in Kentucky
- Creating a personalized plan that meets your needs and goals
- Guiding you through the Medicaid application process
- Understanding the link between Medicaid and Social Security benefits
- Protecting your home, income, and other countable assets
- Avoiding or minimizing penalties for transfers or gifts
- Planning for the future of your spouse, children, and other loved ones
To receive a free consultation from an elder law attorney and learn more about Medicaid planning, contact Elder Law Lawyers now. It’s our honor to assist clients in Lexington, Florence, Berea, and Fort Mitchell, and all over Northern Kentucky.
Who Needs Medicaid Planning Services?
Medicaid planning services aren't just for people who are already in need of long-term care. They're also for people interested in planning ahead, continuing to provide for their healthy spouse, and preparing for the possibility of needing long-term care in the future. For example, you may benefit from Medicaid planning services from Medicaid lawyers if you:
- Are over 65 years old and have limited income and assets
- Have a disability or chronic illness that requires long-term care
- Have a spouse or dependent who needs long-term care
- Want to preserve your estate and legacy for your heirs
- Want to avoid probate and estate taxes
- Want to have peace of mind and control over your health care decisions
Whether you're a current Medicaid recipient, need help applying for Medicaid, or are simply interested in learning more about Medicaid eligibility for yourself or a family member, we're here for you. Contact us now to speak with a Medicaid attorney and know your options.
Benefits of Medicaid Planning
- Save money on long-term care costs
- Qualify for Medicaid without diminishing your assets
- Access quality care in the setting of your choice
- Protect your spouse's income
- Maintain your standard of living
- Ensure loved ones receive inheritance
- Avoid family conflicts and legal disputes
Protect Your Home from Medicaid Recovery
Because nursing homes and home care are so expensive, many people run out of money and begin relying solely on Medicaid benefits. When they die, Medicaid can claim repayment through the Medicaid Estate Recovery program.
If your assets are protected, Medicaid cannot take them. However, if you didn’t take steps to protect your home and other assets, Medicaid could place a lien on your home for the cost of your care. This means your heirs could miss out on the property you wanted to leave to them.
Fortunately, with the help of Medicaid planning experts, seniors can ensure their homes will stay in the family after their death and not be lost to estate recovery.
The best way to save your house from Medicaid recovery is by putting the house into an irrevocable trust. By transferring the home and other assets into an irrevocable trust, you can still reserve an interest in the transferred assets. There are also tax benefits for children if a trust is used as an alternative to gifting.
How A Medicaid Planning Lawyer Can Help
At Elder Law Lawyers, we have helped thousands of clients achieve their Medicaid planning goals and secure their financial futures. Turn to us for support with the following:
- Assessing your situation and collaborating with you and your financial advisers to create a customized plan that suits your needs
- Implementing various strategies such as trusts, annuities, transfers, and exemptions
- Understanding Medicaid eligibility rules and how exactly they impact you
- Finding out if Medicaid pays for nursing home care or other expenses
- Preparing and submitting Medicaid application and supporting documents
- Representing you in any issues or appeals with Medicaid
- Updating your plan as your circumstances change
Don't wait until it's too late. Contact us today for a free consultation and find out how our experienced Medicaid attorneys can help you with all your Medicaid planning needs.
Choose Elder Law Lawyers for Comprehensive Medicaid Planning Services
When you or your family members need help with Medicaid planning, you deserve a team of knowledgeable professionals who truly care.
At Elder Law Lawyers, we handle the concerns of older adults and their families with respect, compassion, and dedication. Our team has a wealth of experience in a variety of elder care and elder law practice areas, including special needs trusts, estate planning, Medicaid planning, and so much more. We understand the challenges and opportunities that come with aging and disability, and we are committed to helping you achieve your goals and protect your rights with comprehensive long-term care planning.
Why choose us?
- Free consultations
- Personalized and comprehensive legal services
- Decades of experience in elder law
- Members of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
To schedule a free consultation with an elder law attorney in Kentucky, contact us now. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with your legal needs.